- Wear Your Label: Conscious clothing line using fashion to create conversations about mental health. Ending the stigma in style.
- Outta: Self Care Awareness Apparel advocating for self care and mental health.
- Mental Health Channel: Online network of inspiring documentary videos on mental health topics. Free to view, free to share, and commercial free.
- Beyond Blue: Youth services, online chat and call support, community linkages, psychoeducation, and ways to get involved in your community by sharing recovery stories.
- Parenthood Prep: Fun and interesting resources for parents to assist in cultivating healthy relationships between caregiver and child.
- AK Kerani: Company that sells handmade knit products in order to promote knitting as a therapeutic activity for those struggling with mental illness, as well as increasing awareness about mental health and stigma.
To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA): non-profit movement dedicated to erase stigma and assist in supportive services for those struggling with mental illness.
Local Community Based Resources:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Nationwide grassroots advocacy group, representing families and people affected by mental illness in the United States.
- Mental Health America: Community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans
- 211: Resources and linkages for housing, food, disaster releif, domestic violence shelters, veterans, employment, and health.
Books to Love:
- The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown, Ph.D
- The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav
- My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Mindsight by Daniel Siegel, M.D.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- Fully Present: The Science, Art, and Practice of Mindfulness by Susan L. Smalley & Diana Winston
- One-Minute Mindfulness: 50 Simple Ways to Find Peace, Clarity, and New Possibilities in a Stressed-Out World by Donald Altman
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.
- Overcoming Trauma through Yoga by David Emmerson and Elizabeth Hopper, Ph.D
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Yoga, Mind, Body and Spirit by Donna Farhi
- Little Flower Yoga for Kids by Jennifer Cohen Harper, E-RCYT
- Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga by David Emerson and Elizabeth Hopper
- The Wisdom of a Broken Heart: How to Turn the Pain of a Breakup into Healing, Insight, and New Love by Susan Piver
- 8 Habits of Love: Overcome Fear and Transform Your Life by Ed Bacon
- Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle
- Drama of a Gifted Child by Alice Miller
- The Available Parent: Radical Optimism for Raising Teens and Tweens by Dr. John Duffy
- Suicide Crisis Line (Didi Hirsch): 1-877-727-4747
- 1-800-Suicide: 1-800-784-2433
- National Suicide Prevention Life: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)